October 20-21, 2017
McKaskle Retreat Center
25001 Kickapoo Rd.
Waller, TX 77484
Webelos Extravaganza is a weekend campout designed to introduce 4th and 5th grade Webelos Scouts to the many outdoor adventures of Boy Scouting. This year's event will focus on cooking skills with the theme "A Scout is Hungry."
Registration is $10 per person. Late registration begins 10/17/17 and is $15. Onsite registration is $20.
This Webelos Extravaganza will teach cooking skills that require a minimum amount of utensils and clean up. There will be four cooking stations with two events at each. The events will not necessarily be in the order shown. There will be some opportunity for a hands-on experience for the Webelos and most stations will offer snacks of the food cooked. The Webelos Scouts will be split into four groups, one group per station. One hour will be spent at each station, then the groups will rotate to the next station.
Event 1 – Twisty Bread on a Stick
Event 2 – Omelet in a Bag
Event 3 – Utensil-less Cooking three ways
Event 4 – Silver Turtles
Event 5 – Dutch Oven Cobblers
Event 6 – Egg in a Paper Cup
Event 7 – Fire Building
Event 8 – Box Oven Cookies
What to Bring
- BSA Annual Health and Medical Record (parts A & B for all Scouting events) for every participant
- Field uniform (Scouting uniform) and activity uniform (Scout t-shirt)
- Standard camping equipment. Please check with your unit leader.
- NO vehicles will be allowed in the campsite areas on Saturday during the activities. 8:00 am to 9:30 pm. Vehicles may be brought to the campsite after 6:00 am on Sunday morning
- NO smoking or alcoholic beverages or drugs.
- NO firearms, ammunition, or fireworks
- NO sheath knives or hand axes
- NO electronics of any type during the event (e.g., games, radios, headphones, phones.)
- NO aerosol cans (mosquito repellent)
- NO liquid fuel (white gas, charcoal lighter fluid)
McKaskle Retreat Center is located at 25001 Kickapoo Rd, Waller, TX 77484. Take 290 West towards Hockley, Texas (approximately 15 minutes past Beltway 8). Exit Kickapoo Road, and turn right on Kickapoo. The McKaskle Retreat Center is on the left just past Spring Creek (approximately 5 miles).
|12:00 - 3:30 pm
||Staff arrival and setup
|3:30 - 9:00 pm
||Pack and troop arrival and check-in
|9:30 - 10:00 pm
||Leaders information meeting and cracker barrel
|6:30 - 8:00 am
||Packs and troops cook breakfast and clean-up
|8:00 - 8:15 am
||Flag raising, morning announcements.
|8:30 - 9:30 am
||First assigned cooking area rotation
|9:30 - 10:30 am
||Second cooking area
|10:30 - 11:30 am
||Third cooking area
|11:30 am - 12:30 pm
||Fourth cooking area
|12:30 - 1:30 pm
|1:30 - 3:30 pm
Service Project for McKaskle Retreat Center by Webelos and Boy Scouts
|5:00 - 7:30 pm
||Dinner and clean-up
|7:30 - 9:00 pm
|7:30 - 11:00 am
||Breakfast and clean-up and pack-up
||Last patrol out